7/14/10

Run for today

I chose not to run this morning thinking I would get a run in tonight. In reality I was just trying to come up with excuses why I didn't need to run today. I am trying to build my base miles up and it is funny how much I am struggling mentally with the increase.

I ended up emailing one of the girls I swim with on Saturday mornings to see if she wanted to run tonight. She said yes and we ended up meeting up with a couple other's for the run. It was nice to have some other people there so that I could push through my mental block.

It was a tough run tonight. It was pretty hot outside for 7 p.m. I am used to running early in the morning as the sun is rising when the weather is a lot more forgiving.

I ran with my Camelbak for the first time ever and it was annoying. Don't get me wrong I LOVED drinking the water. Listening to it slosh around on my back and just having it on my back was annoying. It also rubbed my neck weird.

My stats:
Distance: 5.11
Time: 52:38
Avg. Pace: 10:18
Calories Burned: 505
Related Posts with Thumbnails