8/27/10

Trader Joe's Super Yummy No-Bake Peanut Butter Crisp Rice Cereal Treats!

Two weeks ago I bought a box of Trader Joe's new Crisp Rice cereal with full intention of making the recipe on the side of the box for this super yummy sweet, not so good for you, very very sweet treat. I made it this week and they are really good they are not really healthy in any way. Although if you really want a treat loaded with sugar it's good to have natural sources and a treat with no preservatives, colorings, fillers or other random things.
All the kids on the street love them, yes I have been loading them up with sugar, it's not like I'm trying to bribe them to be my friends or anything I just don't want to eat the whole pan myself!!

Super Yummy No-Bake Peanut Butter Crisp Rice Cereal Treats (yes, this is the actual recipe name!) 
Recipe from: Trader Joe's

  • 1 Cup Brown Sugar
  • 1 Cup Blue Agave Syrup
  • 1 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
  • 7 Cups Trader Joe's Crisp Rice Cereal
  • Chocolate Chips (optional) -- These should always been mandatory!
Combine brown sugar and blue agave syrup in saucepan and bring to near boil, stirring often. Continue stirring until brown sugar dissolves. Remove from heat.

Add peanut butter to mixture. Mix well. Add crisp rice cereal and mix well. If desired, add chocolate chips, then mix well. --I added the chocolate chips to the top, I thought they would melt if I added them with at this point, but they ended up melting on top.

Press the mixture into a 13x9x2-inch greased baking pan.--I didn't grease the pan, I used a pampered Chef stoneware pan, it didn't stick. Refrigerate for several hours to cool and harden.--I put it in the fridge for two, the kiddos couldn't wait any longer! 

Makes about 16-2" squares. 
When you get ready to cut the treats, go ahead and loosen the sides with a butter knife and then flip it out on a cutting board. It's a lot easier to cut this way. 

Storing: I originally cut the pieces, put them in tupperware with wax paper separating the pieces, and then put it in the fridge. I ended up serving them cold. They were good. But my husband said they would be much better room temperature so I trusted him, WOW, they are soo much better at room temperature. My warning to you is that they are really sweet so cut the pieces small.
I will probably make these again but I will tinker around to reduce the sugar some. I'll keep you posted on any changes I make.


Related Posts with Thumbnails