2/22/11

Surgery

Natalie's surgery came and went like a blink of an eye. She's doing great! I worried and stressed for really no reason. It's funny because I kept praying about her surgery mostly that everything would go well and that she would be okay. But even after praying and praying I still worried and worried.

This verse came up in church two weeks before her surgery: "So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring it's own worries. Today's trouble is enough for today." Matthew 6:34

That verse stuck out to me but I still didn't listen. I talked about it to all my friends as if they could have prevented a bad outcome. I have had this surgery weighing on my shoulders since last summer and I never really released it until it was finished and I had her back in my arms.

Sigh.

And what I realize now is that I did a terrible job of truly trusting God to take care of her. Crazy right. He loves her more than I can ever love her. Why did I worry so much? I wanted to control the situation in a human way. In reality I had no control of the situation. I don't have much control over many situation and even though I love my God with all my heart I still have a hard time letting go and trusting that all will be okay.

Her surgery was minor. The lesson for me was major.

Related Posts with Thumbnails