2/22/11

Surgery

Natalie's surgery came and went like a blink of an eye. She's doing great! I worried and stressed for really no reason. It's funny because I kept praying about her surgery mostly that everything would go well and that she would be okay. But even after praying and praying I still worried and worried.

This verse came up in church two weeks before her surgery: "So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring it's own worries. Today's trouble is enough for today." Matthew 6:34

That verse stuck out to me but I still didn't listen. I talked about it to all my friends as if they could have prevented a bad outcome. I have had this surgery weighing on my shoulders since last summer and I never really released it until it was finished and I had her back in my arms.

Sigh.

And what I realize now is that I did a terrible job of truly trusting God to take care of her. Crazy right. He loves her more than I can ever love her. Why did I worry so much? I wanted to control the situation in a human way. In reality I had no control of the situation. I don't have much control over many situation and even though I love my God with all my heart I still have a hard time letting go and trusting that all will be okay.

Her surgery was minor. The lesson for me was major.

2 comments:

Elaine Forward said...

Dont be so hard on yourself.. your a Mom and a really good one.. glad all is going well for Natalie.. wondered if you had started your work out program.. am anxious to keep up and see how it is going for you have a great week
Love Mom

Meercat said...

A major lesson for sure. Keep being awesome mom to those two sweetie pies.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails