6/5/10

Ditched?


I don't know, maybe? I'm not trying to jump to conclusions (I've been known to do this) but all I can say is that I was outside waiting 10 minutes before and 10 minutes after the meeting time to go to the pool this morning. I probably wasn't ditched. Things just come up. 

The person I was meeting has an 8 month old baby so she could have been up all night. I have been there. The swim coach could have cancelled. It could be my fault, we talked about it last Saturday, but I could have followed up last night. Who knows? 

I did feel a little silly sitting outside my house at 5:30 am waiting. After I went back in with my head down licking my wounds of slight embarrassment. I decided that I wasn't going to let this put a damper on my Saturday morning. 

I went back inside and changed out of swim gear and into my running gear and went for a nice run.

I am proud of myself for not letting this get me down (it's probably just a misunderstanding-no biggie). I am also happy that I pushed through some of my fears and was ready to tackle the challenge of lap swimming (even though I didn't make it there). 

Related Posts with Thumbnails