6/21/10

Weekend Review

Wow, the weekend went by fast but it was a great weekend and I want to share it with you guys!

My Dad came into town Saturday afternoon! This move to California has put me a lot closer to my family, they live in Las Vegas. It was such a big deal to see my Dad this weekend because it has been about 2 years since I have seen him. We use Skype but it just isn't the same. I love my Dad with all my heart and miss him dearly. It was great visiting and the kiddos loved playing and jumping all over him. I can't wait to see him more often as I know we will since we are now only a 4 hour drive away!

Dad-I love you. I am most thankful for all the sacrifices you made for me when I was a child. Thank you for your passion for life that you gifted to me. And thank you for just being you.
Left: I was probably around 4 years old. Right: This was in 92' at the World Cup Mt. Bike race at Mammonth Mt., CA. We both raced and I won 2nd place in my age group.

As I was going through pictures for this post I found two that warmed my heart. My Dad and I have always cooked together, he is a Chef by trade. Anytime we are together we cook, make big kitchen messes, and eat yummy food. I have wonderful memories of cooking with my Dad. Cooking has always been our bonding time.
 
Left: David and Natalie making Chocolate Chip Pancakes for breakfast on Saturday morning. Right: My Dad and I making breakfast on Sunday morning.

I love that David cooks with Natalie and Weston. I hope that they will have the same warm fuzzy memories that I have with my Dad.

David's Dad passed away three and a half years ago. We miss him dearly and wish that he could be here to see all that David has accomplished and to hold and love on Weston and Natalie.

Jeff- Thank you for being a good Dad to my husband. You instilled qualities in him that has made him the wonderful husband and father he is today. One day I will thank you when I see you in heaven.

David-You are a kind and loving man of God. I love you and I love that you are a wonderful Dad to Weston and Natalie. They love you with all their hearts. Thank you for everything you do!
You amaze me.

The kiddos and I took the Dad's out for dinner on Saturday night. We went to a Mexican grill downtown, they have great food here. The kids devour the fresh tortillas at this place. I had a delicious new dish that I am going to try and re-create this week. It was a salad with chicken, exicting huh? It really was...it had blood oranges, grilled pineapple, asparagus and a habanero lime vinaigrette. Delish! I took a picture with the phone but it looked gross in the picture, bad lighting.

Sunday morning David went for an early morning bike ride and Dad and I made a "Man Breakfast" for his return. David was on cloud nine!

My Dad had to go home around mid-morning. So we said our good-byes. We just took it easy for the rest of the morning. Then after the kiddos went down for a nap, I snuck out to the house and went shopping for swim gear! I cam home to this....

my car in the garage!! I was astonished! While I was away at the stores, David finished clearing away a spot for the car in our overstuffed two car garage. We have been chipping away at the garage for two weekends and it felt like we were getting nowhere. This feels great!
Related Posts with Thumbnails