7/20/10

Delicious addicting chocolate chip oatmeal cookies

I have not been feeling well the last couple of days and my husband was sweet evil enough to make me a batch of yummy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies. Now I have never been a big cake or cookie girl until I was pregnant with my daughter. It was hard to break the sugar addiction after the pregnancy was over.

My sister-in-law made these cookies for us when she came to help out after Natalie was born and if I remember correctly we ate the whole batch the same day, we had no shame! We begged her to make them again before she left and now every time my husband makes these cookies it reminds me of that first week after my sweet girl was born!

The recipe is simple and it is just the one you get from the lid of the oatmeal canister, just replacing the raisins with chocolate chips. It's a great recipe to have on hand, but the real key to making them great is to undercook the cookies a little. Take them out of the oven just as they start to brown. Let them finish baking on the sheet for a couple of minutes before you move them to the cooling rack. This will make them chewy and gooey.

Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe by: Quaker

2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
3 cups quaker oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
1 cup chocolate chips

Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars on medium speed of electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Add oats and chocolate chips; mix well.

Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.

Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.


I have a self control issue with these cookies so I like have to send them off to work with David and share some with neighbors because I can not be trusted alone with these cookies, they are evil!
Related Posts with Thumbnails