8/25/10

Cross Training-Lap Swimming

I have been meeting up with a couple of girls from the neighborhood to swim at 4 a.m. on Tuesday mornings, today I did not meet with the group. Why? Waking up at 3:20ish to get ready to swim at 4 a.m. just does not agree with my body.

I woke up at 4:45 instead and got around to the pool at 5:15 by myself. I cranked out a simple 800 meter swim, then I soaked in the hot tub for a couple of minutes. Ahhh. Got home took a shower and was ready for my day. I did miss swimming with a group of people but I need my beauty sleep. After my half-marathon hopefully I can join them again for Saturday morning swims.

Here's what my swim looked like:
Warm up - 200 meters
Paddles- 200 meters
Fins - 200 meters
Cool down - 200 meters

I could have added more laps but I didn't really have the time. I'll work on getting to the pool right at 5 a.m. on Thursday so I can squeeze in more laps.
Related Posts with Thumbnails