8/3/10

Run for today

I was a little sore last night from my big run, mainly my right hip was really sore. Weird. I stretched a lot last night and when I woke up this morning but I still felt a little too sore to run first thing. It worked out fine because around 5:30 tonight I decided to load up the dreaded jogging stroller and take it out for a run. My son, Weston, is getting good at riding his bike so I let him bike and Natalie got in the stroller only after I promised her she could run at some point too.

I wish I would have taken a couple of pictures but after we made it to the river bed bike path I let Natalie out and she ran her little heart out! She ran for a quarter of a mile and then I made her get in the stroller. She was beet red and sucking air. She cried because she wanted to keep running.

Everyone that passed her had cheered her on which made it harder to convince her she needed a break, but totally sweet of the other runners. All the other bikers on the path cheered Weston as they passed us. It was a great run and fun to watch the kiddos have fun exercising with me!

Weston was soo cute pumping his legs up the hills, he would grunt and say random things, I would ask if he was okay and he would say "Stop talking to me... I have to focus! ". I couldn't help but giggle up each incline. At the last hill I told him that it was the last and I told him "Let's do this, Bud" and his response was "Rock on, Mom!". I think hearing him say that and the cute boyish grin on his face will be ingrained in my memory forever.

Our Stats:
Distance: 4.56
Time: 56:46
Avg. Pace: 12:26
Calories Burned: 435

My husband beat us home from work and made us "Brinner" breakfast for dinner. Whole wheat pancakes bacon and OJ. It was soo nice to come home to dinner already done! Love him!
Related Posts with Thumbnails