8/2/10

Weekend Fitness

I did my normal swim on Saturday but challenged myself to swim more than I have ever finished. I finished 1300 meters in the pool and it felt great! It's a huge deal since I started just about a month ago and couldn't make it one lap without choking on water. It takes hard work to improve at something you are awful at. I have been swimming three days a week for an hour each session. I can say that I am feeling more comfortable every time I get in the water and I am feeling stronger. Swimming is really enjoyable once you learn how.

Running. I did a long run on Sunday. I have been increasing my milage and now I am trying to run three 5 mile runs a week and one longish run on the weekend something in the range of 7-9 miles. Sunday I rocked out 8 miles!! My longest distance to date. The best thing about it is I felt good the whole time. I really had doubts I could make it 8 miles without walking but I did it and I am soo excited for my next long run this weekend!

My stats:
Distance: 8 miles
Time: 1:22
Avg. Pace: 10:16
Calories burned: 840
Related Posts with Thumbnails