9/16/10

Half-Marathon training update

30 days until I run my first half-marathon at Long Beach! I can't believe I have only 30 days left to train, I will admit since school has started I have had a hard time keeping up with my training plan. This is the first time we have had a rigid schedule to keep up with although it's getting better and we are finding our groove.

Last week was a bit of a wash since I only ran 10 miles of my 32 planned. It was a crazy week coming back from a weekend in San Diego, the first full week of school, and my son's 5th birthday! I'm not going to beat myself up over it, I think I needed the rest anyway. This week is off to a bumpy start I ran 5 miles on Monday @ 9:55 pace. I Skipped my swim on Tuesday ran a 3.5 mile run yesterday, today I plan on a nice tempo run, swim Friday, and 12 mile run on Saturday.

So with 30 days left for training with one week of taper prior to the race I need to shake this sluggishness off!!
Related Posts with Thumbnails