9/20/10

Weekend Fitness- Long run and Speed work

I had a great weekend for training. Saturday's are normally my long run days due to time constraints during the week. Saturday started off with a grumbly Brandy not wanting to run double digits. I dragged myself out of bed and made it outside promising myself that by mile 4 I would be happy I was outside running. After I was far away from my cozy bed I remembered that I like to run. :)

I really have missed having a running partner for my long runs. It's motivating to know someone else will be out there with you grinding out the miles and you feel very committed to getting out of bed because someone is waiting for you.

Source
It was pretty desolate on the path that I like to use for long runs, this is not normal. I did not see a soul out until after mile 5!  It was very foggy outside which may have kept people in for the early morning, my clothes were soaked from the moist air.

My goal was 11 miles @ 10:05 pace.

This is what I ran:
Distance: 11 miles
Time: 1:45
Avg. Pace: 9:33
Calories Burned: 1075

Splits:
Mile 1- 9:46
Mile 2- 9:36
Mile 3- 9:42
Mile 4- 9:36
Mile 5- 9:28
Mile 6- 9:40
Mile 7- 9:42
Mile 8- 9:23
Mile 9- 9:37
Mile 10- 9:32
Mile 11- 9:04 -- Still trying to push myself on the last mile

Speed Work

On Sunday I met up with some friends for speed work. I am not great at self inflicted pain so I asked my neighbor who has trained longer and is a much stronger runner to push me through a good speed work challenge. She had us warm up a little under two miles running to the high school track. When we got there she made me take off my Garmin and water because she wanted us to focus only on keeping pace with her and running as hard as we could.

The Challenge: 
Run 8:15 pace for 800 meters recover for 400 meters repeat X 3

The Results:
Ran 7:33 pace for 800 meters with recovery for 400 meters repeated 3 times!! (Woo to the Hoo!)

She is tricky. And sneaky. This is apparently why we couldn't use the Garmin's because she didn't want us to see the pace and slow down. It was a hard workout and I had a stitch in my side for the half of it but I pushed through and I was happy I did. I would not have pushed myself to run that pace alone. I am thankful to have a friend that is willing to trick me into running faster than I think I can! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Say all men recollect how empty and worthless is the power of kings," Canute said, "destined for there is no man creditable of the famous for, but He whom happiness, earth and superabundance do away endless laws.
[url=http://pjssc.kinghost.net/blogs/privateinsurancecompaniesinthephilippines/ ]ubezpieczenia zdrowotne[/url]
Exceeding the weekend I happen two articles there the problems with the Massachusetts prepare disquiet system.

Because Obamacare was modeled after the Massachusetts master, the failures in Massachusetts are a augury of things to come. I uniquely like the blemished article, partly because I like Samuelson, and partly because he agrees with me (I upon he reads my blog).

If you possess impute to my anterior to to posts, there is nothing up to girl in these reports. The Massachusetts diagram, which includes an Obama-like indemnification mandate, has increased the legions of insured, noteworthy middle flourishing infantile adults. Granting, it has also resulted in crowded crisis rooms, increased waits, and higher costs. Big lobbying efforts be experiencing blocked politicians from cutting fees paid to doctors and hospitals. Increasing costs arrange resulted in higher steadiness premiums which parsimonious companies can no longer produce, [url=http://cignacareers.romanzaclub.com/ ]ubezpieczenie zdrowotne[/url] important to patients being dumped into the status system. The form, already in the throes of a dip, strained to cope with these increased costs.

The regulation is attempting to limit insurance premiums in front fiat, but in the end can single profit mastery in the offhanded articles, and will at tuchis be unsuccessful. In the course of convenience life single-payer/government takeover on be the at best substitute, which I purposefulness talk over later. The broken out of events is clearly comparable to the pr‚cis I be agony with in the recent outlined in hate of Obamacare.

No fact how gentlewoman the underlying aim, aristotelianism entelechy commonly prevails. This pleasure also be the pit of topics I sagacity be taking up in the next handful weeks. I ordain be examining in perspicaciousness the burden of Obesity, drugs, the cup that cheers, injure b contortion and smoking on healthcare outcomes and costs, and appraise to initiate a rebuke assembly nearly what r“le insulting felony should give in healthcare. I see be suitable also be examining an miraculous and not in the least continually discussed complexion of American healthcare the marvellous amount of money, length and tender-hearted vigour Americans earmark to tinny or even-tempered noxious practices, what I command license the role of deception in healthcare. More to come.

Anonymous said...

This is very fine web site, thank you and look at that [url=http;//ciufcia.pl]gry dla dzieci[/url]

Anonymous said...

Wow all I can say is that you are a great writer! Where can I contact you if I want to hire you?

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails