10/16/10

End of taper week

Today was my last run before the big race on Sunday. This is what my run schedule looked like this week:

Monday: 3 miles @9:40 pace
Wednesday: 5 miles @ 9:50 pace
Friday: 3 miles @ 9:20 pace

I can't believe that I will be running my first half-marathon this weekend!! It seems like just yesterday I was all excited, nervous and shocked I signed up for Long Beach. I began my official half-marathon training August 9th

I'm happy to say that after three months of training I am ready for the race this weekend. I didn't stick to my plan verbatim, due to life, but I did give all I had on all the days I ran. I can run faster, stronger and longer than I have ever been able to. It's amazing what a body can do!

But I'm still nervous. 

During the summer I met a great group of women and they have been supportive, encouraging and inspiring. Today they brought me this:


What you can't see are the notes from each of them attached at the bottom of the balloons. The notes were words of encouragement for my first Half-marathon. Thank you, friends. This made my day.

I also want to thank all of you that have been reading my blog and for all the wonderful encouragement and tips you have offered, thank you and keep reading! 

If you follow me on facebook you will get updates at certain mile markers during the race on Sunday. If you don't follow me on facebook and you want to; go over to the top of my sidebar and click on the "f " to sign up or click on this link

I'm going to sign off for tonight I need to be up early for a nice swim to loosen up my muscles before the big race. 
Related Posts with Thumbnails