8/9/10

Run for today- Pacing

Today I officially started my half-marathon training for Long Beach! After the nice ten mile run on Saturday I decided that I could most likely run a half-marathon without keeling over at the finish line. I registered on Sunday, wow, the price jump from 5k's to half-marathon is pretty steep!

One of my focuses will be learning to pace myself. I get too speedy at points during a run and then get slow because I start to burn out. I am keeping all the beeping on the Garmin so I can stay focused on my pace. Pacing is harder than it sounds, or maybe it's me, I am all over the place and not at all on the mark. I have never tried to focus on pacing but I hear it will help improve my running so I am game. :)

Today I had an easy run scheduled; 6 miles at a 9:50 pace. It was an okay run. I had some hip issues around mile 5 which made the last mile tough to push through. I need to learn to stretch better before and after runs. If anyone has a great stretching routine I would love to hear about it.

Here are my stats:
Distance: 6.01
Time: 1:00
Avg. Pace: 10:07
Calories Burned: 589
Avg. HeartRate: 169

Splits:
Mile 1-10:10
Mile 2-10:01
Mile 3-10:11
Mile 4-10:02
Mile 5-10:14
Mile 6-10:01

Related Posts with Thumbnails