12/1/10

Salmon Burgers and Roasted Potato Wedges


I had planned this dinner for Sunday but I ended up having a pretty busy errand day yesterday and just didn't have enough time for the pot roast.

I have a couple great recipes for salmon burgers but while I was shopping at Whole Foods I ran across these Salmon burgers in the frozen seafood section so I grabbed them and figure I will make the handmade ones another time.

The Whole Foods frozen salmon burgers were yummy. Not as good as freshly made salmon burgers but great taste for a quick meal.

Just in case you were hoping for a Salmon burger recipe here it is:

Salmon Burgers
Recipe by: Simply Fit Mama


1 (14.75 oz.) can salmon, drained and flaked
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup coconut milk (unsweetened) or milk
2 tbsp finely chopped yellow onion
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tsp dried Italian seasoning blend (my favorite Yah's Best)
1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp lemon zest
1 tsp panko breadcrumbs or any other you have on hand
1/2 tbsp fresh chopped Italian parsley
1 tbsp coconut oil


Combine all ingredients except the coconut oil and mix well. Form into 4 burgers about 1/2 inch thick.

Heat a skillet over medium heat add the coconut oil. Next add the burgers and cook 5-6 minutes on each side. Do not mess with them give them a chance to brown before you flip.

The recipe for roasted potato wedges can be found here. I omitted the fresh garlic I didn't want the wedges to overpower the salmon burgers.
Related Posts with Thumbnails