1/4/08

A yummy Peppermint Mocha for this cold morning!

Just thought I would share this recipe with everyone. I'm not much of a coffee drinker but I love a specialty drink at Starbucks every now and then. So this morning I decided to try this recipe, it is delicious and I even made some fresh whipped cream to top it off. Of course I didn't forget about Weston...I made him a fresh batch of hot cocoa to go with his whip cream!


Peppermint Mocha
Recipe from: See Katie Sew

1 Tbsp Sugar (I use Turbinado sugar, but you can use granulated, just adjust sugar to your liking)

1 Heaping Tbsp Cocoa powder

1/4 cup water

Dash of salt

3/4 cup of coffee 

1/2 cup Milk

1/4 tsp Peppermint Extract


In a small saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa, water, and salt. Mix thoroughly and bring to a boil, stir frequently for about 2 minutes. Add coffee until warm, then stir in milk and peppermint extra.
Related Posts with Thumbnails