7/14/10

Grilled MahiMahi | Trader Joe's Mediterranean Pasta Salad


Summer meals are great! I worked on the pasta salad while the kids were down for naps, and when we got home from the pool I cooked the fish and we were eating within 20 minutes!

I broiled the fish instead of grilling today. I made a little herb mix to brush on when it was at it's halfway point.


Herb mix:
  • 1 tbsp oregano
  • 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
  • Sea salt and cracked pepper, to taste
  • 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
Mix this in a small bowl. Brush onto fish at the halfway point of cooking.

Trader Joe's Mediterranean Pasta Salad


This is a new product at Trader Joe's and I thought I would give it a try. I made it according to directions on the box. It's a little deceptive because on the box it says that it's "ready in minutes" but it's really not. You have to boil the pasta of course and mix the seasoning packet and then it needs to cool in the fridge.

There was pasta and garbanzo beans that needed to be cooked. But since they were mixed together the beans weren't as cooked as I would have liked. If I left it in there longer the pasta would have been mushy; gross. So I went with the al dente beans.

The taste was good. I doctored the salad up a bit by adding fresh baby spinach and tomatoes. If I made this again I would probably add more garbanzo beans too.

I'm not sure I would make this again, it was good but not great. I feel like you could make your own pasta salad better.

After I put everything on the plate I squeezed some fresh lemon juice on top of everything and then added a little crumbled feta on the MahiMahi.

Related Posts with Thumbnails