7/27/10

Lap Swimming

I had a great workout on Saturday morning swimming with the group and have decided to join a couple of them on Tuesday mornings for their morning swim. I normally swim on Tuesday (night), Thursday (night) and Saturday (morning).  I was hesitant to join them on Tuesday's because they swim at 4:00 a.m. (yes, you read that right 4 a.m.) and I really didn't feel like getting up that early to swim. 

But I have noticed how much longer I swim and push through my wall when I swim with the group. They are all a lot better then me and they swim for about an hour or longer. When I swim on my own I swim for about 20-30 minutes and call it a day. So today my alarm went off at 3:20 a.m. I pulled myself together and went for my first 4 a.m. swim.

I worked hard for an hour. I am now trying to use swim workouts in the water instead of just swimming aimlessly. Here is what my morning workout looked like:

Warm-up
8x25
Main Set
Drill
8x25 pull
Ladder
25, 50, 50, 25
Cool-down
8x25

After I finished this workout I went ahead and kept swimming laps until the others were finished. Which probably worked out to be around 400 meters or more.  

When I got home I did my weight routine and I am happy to say that I was done and showered by 7 a.m. this morning!

P.S. I will have a menu plan soon. Just running behind this week.
Related Posts with Thumbnails