8/20/10

Fitness recap for the week

I don't know what has happened to me this week. But I am still here...a little tired, I think the new training plan is starting to catch up with me.

This was week two of my half-marathon training. It was a tough week for me and I really didn't get it done right. I was feeling bummed about and feeling like I could have tried a little harder, but I didn't.

I ended last week with a strong 10 mile run on Saturday. My hip bothered me all weekend. I am working on stretching and listening to my body because I don't want to end of with an injury.

Here is what my schedule looked like:
M: Easy run- 7 miles @10:00 pace ---Actual: Painful 2 miles @11:27 pace
T: Cross Train- 45 minute Swim 1200 meters
W: Tempo run - 2 miles WU & CD 5 miles @ 9:40 ---Actual:  2 miles WU & C 3 miles @ 9:45
Th: Easy run - 7 miles @ 10:00 pace ---Actual: Nothing
F: Cross Train - 30 minute Swim 600 meters fast

So my goal for tomorrow is to run a great 10 mile run and not worry too much about this week. Hope that the time off and reduced miles helped my old lady hip heal and get stronger. 
Related Posts with Thumbnails