6/18/10

Baby Back Ribs | Baked Beans | Broccoli Slaw

Dinner was great tonight! This is a good meal that the family loves and plates are clean in about 5 seconds...seriously. Who doesn't love baby back ribs? This isn't the healthiest meal I make but we don't have it often and we always watch our portion sizes, so I don't have a problem with it.

I use a couple of different methods to cook ribs. Tonight I wanted a super moist fall off the bone BBQ ribs. So I used a recipe I have used for a couple years, it always turns out good. It comes from one of the first healthy cooking books I purchased. This book has great basic recipes. Nothing complicated.  

Baby Back Ribs
  • 1 slab baby back ribs (about 2 pounds)
  • salt and pepper
  • 3/4 to 1 cup BBQ sauce
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Season ribs with salt and pepper. Place in a 7x11 inch baking pan or your broiler pan. Cover tightly with foil. Bake 1 hour. Remove from oven, discard foil, and pour off liquid that has accumulated in the pan bottom. Pour BBQ sauce over ribs, turning once to cover both sides evenly. Return to oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven. Cut between ribs, portioning 3 ribs per person.

Baked Beans
I use Trader Joe's Organic baked beans.  

Broccoli Slaw (Trader Joe's style)
This is the recipe on the back of the TJ's Broccoli slaw. We love it and it's easy and goes great with spicy food since it is a sweet slaw.
  • 1 bag Broccoli Slaw
  • 1/4 cup dried cranberries or raisins
  • 1/4 cup Walnuts, chopped
  • 1 cup apple, diced
  • 1 cup TJ's Poppy seed dressing (or dressing of your choice)
I mix all this in a big tupperware bowl, because after we serve the food leftovers are ready to go straight to the fridge.

I just realized that all the food for tonight starts with a "B".  Weird.


Related Posts with Thumbnails