6/16/10

Grilled Pesto Chicken | Cheese Tortellini | Salad

I had planned to make the corn soup today, but things didn't go as planned. By the time I gathered my thoughts for dinner I realized it was already too late to start on the soup. So while I made dinner I prepped the soup ingredients for tomorrow night to get a head start.
Then I decided to make the Pesto Chicken dinner. I used to make my own pesto chicken but since Trader Joe's has a great pesto chicken already marinaded without a bunch of preservatives, food coloring or other random things, I am happy to save time and use their version. I grill the chicken with the 80/20 rule. Eight minutes on one side then flip and grill for 2 minutes on the other side.

Cheese Tortellini
This would make a great veggie friendly meal, just add some cannellini beans for extra protein and I would probably add some fresh spinach with the tomatoes.
  • Pre-made refrigerated cheese tortellini
  • 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1 cup sliced mushrooms
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced (or use the frozen garlic, easy peasy)
  • 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half ( I used mini heirloom tonight)
  • 1/2 cup frozen corn
  • Sea Salt, Cracked Pepper to taste
  • 1/4 cup veggie or chicken broth
  • 3 tbsp freshly grated parmesan cheese
Cook tortellini according to instructions on package, drain and put aside. Heat a large skillet to medium-high and then add olive oil. Toss the mushrooms in and let them brown for 2 minutes, add the garlic and stir. Add the tomatoes and corn and let cook for 2-3 minutes stirring occasionally. Salt and pepper to taste. Now add the cooked tortellini into the pan and the veggie/chicken broth and stir, let cook for about 2 minutes. Finally add the grated parmesan cheese and serve warm.

After dinner I snuck out and did a little bike ride. I did not get my weights done today but this is all my day could handle for me time.

My bike stats:
Time: 41:37
Distance: 7.54
Avg. Pace: 5:31
Calories Burned: 277

Related Posts with Thumbnails