6/16/10

Corona Del Mar, California

My day did not go as scheduled at all. I woke up early to go for a bike ride before my husband went to work but then I didn't go.

We had planned to attend another playdate at the church we have been visiting. Today was going to be a water playdate. I packed our lunches, everyone got dressed in their swimsuits. We were out the door with plenty of time to spare.

When we arrived we noticed no one was there and the water fun was no where to be found. So I googled the playdate time and date on my phone...wrong date. It's next month. The sad thing is that I actually checked the date and time before we left!! I have been soo scatterbrained since the move. I am wondering if my brain will ever recover.

The kiddos were bummed. There was a lot of excitement built up for this playdate, there was promise of water bouncy castle things. So I explained to them that I mixed up the dates and they really were great sports about it. I decided to make an impromptu beach trip. We were already in our suits and the bag was packed with lunch, towels, spare clothes and of course sunblock!

I drove to Corona Del Mar. It was about twelve minutes away. My kids love the beach. This beach was great, it was our first time here. We were able to see scuba divers in the water, snorkelers, boats, crabs, seaweed and more. There was a lot of exploring going on. It was great! I will need to find a book on sea creatures and plants to help give them explanations for everything. We have never lived this close to the ocean so it's new for me, too.

The houses and plants along the coast were beautiful. I had to take a few pictures to show you! I felt a little weird taking pictures of other peoples homes but they were asking for it, you know being soo "coastal home...ish".

The day didn't go as expected but it turned out to be better than the my plan. The ocean was wonderful, salty and peaceful. I can't wait to go back!
Related Posts with Thumbnails