6/1/10

Grilled Salmon | Rice | Asparagus

Here is another quick way to get a healthy dinner on the table quick! So many options for flavors and salmon. I went with Asian because it's what I had on hand.
Grilled Salmon
  • Salmon (I use frozen from TJ's)
  • TJ's Island Soyaki sauce
In the morning pull the salmon fillets from the freezer. Take them out of the package and throw them in a gallon sized ziplock or tupperware (whatever you like to marinate in). Dump some Island Soyaki in the bag enough to coat the frozen fish. Marinate all day. 

Spray grill rack with canola oil. Preheat grill. Pull the fish out of the fridge throw it on the grill. I use the the 80/20. Cook on one side for 80% of the cook time then flip and cook for the rest of the 20%. We cook it for 10 minutes.

Rice

We eat brown rice. I use a rice cooker and have for about ten years. I love rice cookers they rock!! I originally bought the cheapest version and it lasted me nine years. Last year at Christmas the kiddos bought me a new one, since my old one had died. I know it's not the fanciest model but it is affordable and gets the job done. I love that this one has a brown rice setting. 

Asparagus
  • Asparagus, washed and trimmed
  • extra-virgin olive oil
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
I usually roast asparagus in the oven but tonight decided to put it on the grill. I made a foil packet and put the asparagus in the packet. Drizzled with olive oil and lightly seasoned with salt and pepper. Sealed up the foil packet and put it on the grill with the salmon. About 10 minutes.

3 comments:

Elaine Forward said...

It is 5:48 am and looking at your meal I want to go out and buy salmon asparagus and rice and cook it for breakfast! I love grilled salmon. take it the grill is unpacked from your other blog looks like you are all organized.. love to all

Pink and Polka Dot said...

mmmm...can i come eat with you! Are you running to the violent femmes?

Simply Fit Mama said...

Mom- Too funny. The grill is unpacked and the house is coming along nicely. Just the little annoying stuff now.

Kristi-You are welcome to eat with me anytime!!:) I must fill you in on the drama of the fab mix cd...:(

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails